Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Titus 2 and Parenting

I took my 2nd Titus 2 class this last Sunday. I love that I have founbd a group that has so far fit for me and given us a place to possibly...eventually...call home church.

At my last Titus class we talked about Self Control and how to have it in everyday life with ourselves, people in our lives, our hubby and our children. I find that I struggle with the last one some times and I am not sure if it is because I am impatient, tired, grumpy selfish or all of the above. I explained the concept to my hubby (we are to practice the 'art' of self control at least 25 times this next month for homework. This really is harder than it sounds when you have 4 children aged 10, 7, 6, and 3. hehe

I explained to the kids that we are going to ALL practice our voices and words adn use them as if Jesus himself were standing behind you when you say them...to give you a little reminder to watch your tongue, tone and eye rolling.

Yestrerday, Hunter was yelling at Kai...the exchange went like this:
Hunter: "Kai, I am gonna hit you on the head when no one is looking!"
Me: "Hunter, what would you do and say if Jesus was standing behind you?"
Hunter: (Never taking his eyes off of Kai and never cracking a smile) "If Jesus was behind me I would still say it but I would whisper!"
Me: (inside myself of course..) hehehehe

We are still working on the concept.
:-P

No comments: