Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hunter's Guts

Well, we spent today from 8:30am until 2:30pm in the ER. Hunter has been having belly pain for the last few days so I tried to get him in to the Pediatrician. They had no room for him so I took him to a quick care clinic near the hospital. They took one look a this belly, his reactions to pain etc. and sent us to the ER with a suspected Appendicitis. After hours of IV tried (he was dehydrated so they had a hard time getting an IV) they checked his blood levels and gave him an x-ray only to give him a pain shot and send us home saying everything looked 'normal' and it might be an acidic stomach or acid reflux. well, I am not a DR....nor do I play one on TV, however I am not down with the acid reflux answer.
Anyway, the Ped. can see us tomorrow...thank goodness, and we will see what she has to say about it all. I am still leaning towards it being his appendix issue and will not give up without a fight.
Of course, Curtis being the more sane of us, doesn't believe that the hospital will remove Hunter's appendix just because that is what WE think it is. I will keep you posted!

No comments: