Sunday, August 06, 2006

Roo Did What???

Oh, boy, today has been one of those days that make you question WHY you want to be a mommy.

I sat down on the couch to get ready to do Demi's hair tonight. She had 'helped' me by pulling her rubber bands out of her hair for me yesterday(which is NOT a good thing to do).....WELL...as I am greasing her head and hair, finger-fulls of her hair are coming out in my hand. With some looking closely I realize that there a several spots on her head that are down to the scalp...see where I am going with this??

Come to find out Demi Roo decided to use the scissors on her hair to get her rubberbands off and cut BIG bald spots on her head. I was so mad I could have spit nails, cried tears of sadness for lost hair growth and just anger at her for playing with the scissors. How am I going to do her hair? Is it going to have to be cut? Can I camouflage it by making twists bigger? Smaller?

All I know is that I had to go visit granny and papa (my grandparents) down the street for a couple of hours. This is where mommy goes when she needs a time out....no kids, we sit on the porch and drink ice water, have home made ice cream and visit....very calming. ;-)

Now I am home and the anger is gone...I still love my little Rooster, although tomorrow will be an exercise in futility I am afraid, I will try to make it look nice so she can start 1st grade without a bald head. I am also feeling that I am going to take some photos of her to use to horrify her as a teenager when she brings her boyfriend over. ;-P

2 comments:

ange said...

TOO FUNNY, Taeo cut Sassy's hair when she was sick the other day. GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES! I pray that you can rearrange twists or braids to keep Roo looking like the princess she is
ange

Becky said...

I haven't had a child do that yet, but I'm sure my day is coming, and I'm sure my reaction will be very much the same.