Friday, July 27, 2007

See Me

Found this poem on the Adoptive Family Internet Magazine and thought it was amazing...enjoy


SEE ME
Don’t look away, see me,
I’m hereWith shattered heart and real tears.
An orphaned boy, left here alone,
Along the darkened streets to roam.

Don’t turn away, your eyes from mine,
I am a precious child of nine.
With outstretched arms, I need so much,
A tender word, a human touch.

Don’t pity me for I can feel,
The shame and sadness,
all too real.Instead look deep and you will find,
A kindred soul of only nine.

Don’t walk away, see me, I’m here,
A frightened child with looming fears,
With hopes and dreams, much like your own,
Just yearning for a loving home.

Don’t look away see me, I’m here,
A voice now whispers in his ear.
My gentle arms will hold you tight,
And chase away your darkest nights.

Look up, See me, for I am real,
The Lord your God, himself revealed
Within this face so pure and mild,
My faithful presence with each child.

~ Lisa J Schlitt

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's so beautiful!

Joyfully,
Angela

Lisa said...

Thank you for including my poem "See Me" Here is another that may touch your heart. I am currently in the adoption process. I am already a mother of four biological...but this time is emotional draining. God Bless.
Lisa J Schlitt

p.schlitt@sympatico.ca





A CHILD LIKE ME

With saddened eyes and head bent low,
It’s damaged goods most see,
With an unclear past and broken heart,
Who would want a child like me?

I watch you walk into the room,
From a distance I can see,
But dare I take a closer step?
Who would want a child like me?

And then I see you look my way,
You smile so tenderly,
But do I even dare to dream,
You would want a child like me?

And then as if I spoke out loud
You approach me cautiously,
I try so hard to just believe,
She will want a child like me.

But can I once let down my guard,
And trust that she will see,
Hiding beneath this old stained shirt,
Is a beautiful child like me?

My smile they say lights up a room,
I’ll be good as good can be,
“Oh Please Dear God, let her want,
A special child like me.”

I feel her hand reach out for mine,
And within her eyes I see,
A single, tiny, shining tear,
Could she want a child like me?

And when she holds me in her arms,
There’s no place I’d rather be,
For in my heart the truth is clear,
“The child she wants is ME!


Lisa J Schlitt©2007