Thursday, September 28, 2006

Travis

I am going this weekend to see my cousin Travis. Travis is a lost soul that is slowly coming around to the way the Lord has planned for him. He is currently serving anywhere from 6 months to 1 year in a correctional facility for a drunken accidental shooting of a friend. Nearly killed his friend, Travis ended up in jail for it, and rightly so.
It is hard to make sense of the way I feel. Most of the family has decided that he is the black sheep and is not worth the worry or the prayers....Granny and I think otherwise. He is a lost soul, one that needs someone to look out for him until he figures out for himself the direction to go. He says that he found the Lord while in county jail....doesn't everyone? I don't know whether to believe him, or even if it is my place to believe him...just pray for him.
We are making the 5 hour drive to stay overnight Friday to get to visit with him for 3 hours on Sat. It will be the first time I have seen Travis since his court date and the first time I can give him a hug since last year. It will be nice to see him, and a nice get away for Friday night and Saturday night for me and time with my granny. :-)
I will miss my family, but I think it is good I go away sometimes....keeps them appreciating me huh??!!
Keep our travels and Travis' heart in your prayers.....we would really appreciate them!

No comments: