Monday, April 21, 2008

We Did It...

Well, we did it.


Curtis and I stepped out of the comfort zone and asked for Membership to the church we have been attending. Yesterday during the business meeting we were voted in as official members of Montana Avenue Baptist Church!











We are very excited to belong to an awesome group of people and look forward to growing in Christ. I am anxious to find ways to serve the church and have begun helping with AWANA's in the weekly Sparks class during handbook time. I have spoken to a few people who would be interested in teaching a VBS class in Haiti as well as a general mission type trip to do work that is needed on the buildings etc....very exciting stuff!


Thank you to everyone who prayed for us during our decision, we truly felt the prayers and feel we have made a great decision!

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping in! said...

Congratulations! It amazes me that God equips each of us with a different gift and then sets us in a church "body" so that we can function the way we were meant to and to be the perfect fit for a specific body of Christ. May God richly bless you for your "part"
Blessings,
Julie B

ange said...

WOO HOO it is BIG BIG BIG!!!! I am so glad. Man you have made my day woman! I pray that you continue to grow where God has placed you and your family.
ange

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Terry said...

So wonderful! Our Church family has been our lifeline...I am so thankful of thier support and love in our lives.

I pray you continue to grow in the Grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ! Terry <><