Monday, September 01, 2008

Help Save Derek

Please take a minute to check out the new web page being created for my Brother-In -Law Derek. Derek is one of Curtis younger brothers.

Derek has Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and is in desperate need of a liver transplant. Derek has been part of my family since I began dating Curt when I was 14 going on 15 yo...making Derek roughly 7 yo when I met him. I have watched this young boy grow into an amazing, intelligent and handsome young man and now he needs help desperately.
Insurance has been denying him coverage and is now telling him that they will cover him IF he waits to go on the donation list for a new liver in DECEMBER. I am not 100% sure that Derek has until December to get a new liver.

PLEASE, take a few minutes to check out the site that was made for him and see a picture of this handsome guy and help any way you can whether it be a prayer or a donation of any size.

http://www.helpsavederek.com/

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Wow. I will definitely remember him in my prayers. :( Insurance companies really tick me off. All greed and no caring.