Sunday, December 16, 2007

An Early B-Day Present...A Date with My Hubby

I was in pure Heaven last night. My in-laws took all 4 kids so hubby and I could have a childless night (I think the first time in about ever that we have been 100% kid free in YEARS!

Curt and I went to Outback Steakhouse and had a Chocolate Thunder from Down Under.....WONDERFUL Gluten Free Brownie dessert that is to die for. ;-)

We then went to an early show of 'I Am Legend' with Will Smith. Good show, not 100 % what I thought it was going to be like, but good anyway. We then trotted over to Shopko and did a little Christmas shopping for the family. We decided we were feeling spunky and the night was young so we went to the $2.00 theater and watched 'Resident Evil 3'.....scary as heck, but I love zombie flicks! We came home and watched 2 movies we had here to watch, 'Blades of Glory' and 'Bug'. 'Blades of Glory' is silly, Will Ferrell and Jon Heder are hilarious as men couple figure skaters. 'Bug' was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time....what a waste of valuable time in my life. By the time we were done, it was 3:30am and we were bushed.

I slept for a while, got a message from Wendi that her plane was delayed so I got up and tried to get a hold of Haiti to let Samuel know when to pick her up. No one would answer so I emailed instead hoping that someone would check for it...YES...they did! I went back to sleep for a while and hubby and I got up and loafed around the house together, just hanging out in quiet....something we have not done in forever.

We picked the kids up this afternoon after a wonderful quiet time together. What a great few days early B-day present!!!!!!

No comments: